Kabete legislator, George Muchai was brutally murdered on the weekend. However, most don’t know that this was not the first time that he was attacked. Before he died, there had been an attempt on the MP’s life and he had publically announced that he had gotten some threats by some disgruntled enemies. Below are 10 things you probably didn’t know about slain Kabete MP.
1. He was COTU’s Deputy Secretary General before he joined politics.
2. He had a falling out with Francis Atwoli who was the secretary general of COTU when he accused him of misappropriation of COTU’s funds.
3. The board of COTU voted him out because he apparently did not act according to COTU constitution.
4. He was once accused of having an affair with somebody’s wife.
5. In 2011 he was shot and wounded at Kangundo Road.
6. After he was shot in 2011, he said that he feared for his life and was constantly surrounded by security detail.
7. George Muchai is the sixth influential person whose death has aroused a lot of suspicion.
8. He was killed by a trained hit squad. This is because they left no traces.
9. His wife believes she could have saved his life but the police stopped her.
10. He is one of the politicians who have had enemies who eventually killed him.