Maina Kageni is undoubtedly one of the best radio advertisers and morning show presenters in the country today. He has one of those voices that can persuade you to buy or do anything. His morning show on Classic FM with Churchill aka Mwalimu King’ang’i is one of the most listened to on radio. The raunchy subjects and topics the show usually brings up has ironically made it a favorite with many. Not many radio or TV shows delve into subjects which are uncomfortable to talk about in a country that is still very conservative.
Here are 10 surprising facts that you probably didn’t know about renowned radio personality Maina kageni
1. Maina never went to college, life just moved on fast and he found himself in a very lucrative career. However, he is still learning something new every day.
2. Despite all the wealth, his main resource is Land. He Not only owns lots of property in Kenya, he has a number of houses in Miami, Florida too.
3. He was a former car dealer in the UK with his brother in law.
4. He is a mama’s boy, he claims he would do anything for his mom.
5. His father died in Nairobi hospital when he was a toddler and his mother never remarried. He hardly got to know him.
6. Royal Media Services owner Samuel K. Macharia, his uncle, practically raised him after his dad passed away.
7. He has two other siblings, a brother and a sister.
8. His greatest priorities in order are God, His mother Wangui and then his fans.
9. He would like to take one year off from his job and go to Miami to open an African pub.
10. Though he has hit 40 he is currently not in a serious relationship and has no plans to get married soon. However, if he does marry his dream girl would be someone who is ambitious, feisty, full of life but knows where they are going.