Gideon Mwiti Irea, Mp of Imenti Central found himself in a very tight spot this weekend. It is alleged that he forcefully had a woman tested for HIV and then went ahead to rape her in his office. Things don’t look so good for the MP as investigations are going on. The lady seems to have a very strong case againt him. Here are 10 things you probably didn’t know about the embattled MP.
1. He was born on 6th of December 1960
2. He is currently a member of the Alliance Party of Kenya (APK)
3. He credits his wealth to good business practices though he has been mentioned in a number of financial scandals.
4. Gideon Mwiti Irea is a director and shareholder of the Kenya Akiba Micro Finance Ltd
5. He is a very close friend of Kiraitu Murungi and even once urged Meru universities to grant the Senator a honorary degree.
6. Gideon Mwiti was first elected as Imenti Central MP in March 2013. He was meant to replace Gitobu Imanyara
7. He is nicknamed “Livondo” by his supporters after the flamboyant Nairobi politician Stanley Livondo
8. Mwiti was once accused of owning the Kenya Business Community Savings Cooperative (Sacco) which the government shut down for illegal banking.
9. He is linked to a pyramid scheme which collapsed with over Sh780 million in members contributions.
10. Mwiti was once accused by Mwariama FM radio presenter, Jamlick Kirai, of issuing death threats to him after he accused him of corruption.
Leave us a comment on Facebook and Share
Read More Trending Stories